Spring at Rainbow! Our favorite season.
Gardening? Cleaning up after winter? Getting outdoors with your fur-riends? Weed whipping? Heading out for a picnic? Rainbow has about everything you need to get out and enjoy Springtime in Lake and Mendocino Counties!
So much happening – check out some of these fun and educational events!
- April 22, Saturday, 11 AM to 1 PM, Ukiah Rainbow Store Purina Showmanship Clinic. Get ready for the summer Fairs at this clinic that will help young showmen prepare their lambs, goats and hogs. Free swag, raffles and valuable coupons. View Poster or for more information contact Lory McAsey at 707 462 2404.
- April 22, Saturday, 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM, Lakeport Rainbow Store Show Pig Clinic. Join Emma Mertle to learn more about showing hogs! ————>
- April 23, Sunday 2 – 4 PM at Skelly Dogs Training 275 Cherry Street, Suite F. Mendocino County Kennel Club Demonstration Day. Learn about future club events for your dog and you! More Information…
- May 5 – 7, Cattle and Sheep Camp, Booneville, Mendocino County Fairgrounds. More info and to sign up (deadline April 24)
- May 12, Saturday, Rainbow stores Chick Day! Sale on chicks, starter feeds, 25% Off CFF Mealworms and select Poultry Hot Buys! Free samples and educational events
- May 20, Saturday 10 AM to 12:30 PM, Ukiah Rainbow store. Rabbit Days (Interactive event) Rabbit show, sale and demonstrations
Your pets are welcome in Rainbow stores!
Even your pet duck!
New! Rainbow Brickyard Pavers in our new Building Supplies department. Introducing new Brickyard Pavers – perfect for your patio or backyard! Come in to the Ukiah Rainbow during the Spring Anniversary Sale to learn more, and to enter to win a Fire Pit for your yard!
Spring is a happy time, but it also has its seasonal hazards for our pets. Spring cleaning is a time-honored tradition in many households, but be sure to keep all cleaners and chemicals out of your pets’ way! Almost all cleaning products, even all natural ones, contain chemicals that may be harmful to pets. The key to using them safely is to read and follow label directions for proper use and storage. Please visit ASPCA’s Poisonous Household Products page for more information. Pet parents, take care—fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides keep our plants and lawns healthy and green, but their ingredients may be dangerous if your pet ingests them. Always store these products in out-of-the-way places and follow label instructions carefully. For more Spring Pet Safety tips, check out the ASPCA’s blog.
Trivia -Enter to win a $15.00 Rainbow Coupon! All correct answers are entered into a random drawing.
Last month’s question was about the HSIMC, who are celebrating a big anniversary! How old is the Humane Society of Inland Mendocino County? HSIMC is 30 years old , and celebrating with a big party on May 6, at Barra of Mendocino (More information here) Our winner is Mary Lamb.
The April question is, Are pet ducks welcome in Rainbow stores?